Liscard Group Practice

Victoria Central Health Centre, Mill Lane, Wallasey, CH44 5UF

Telephone: 0151 638 4764

We're open

Covid-19 Spring Booster – please call to book if you are eligible – only Sat 3rd Jun left at the practice              

Information for Carers

Are you a carer?

A carer is someone who provides unpaid support to a relative, partner or friend. This could be caring for someone who is ill, frail, disabled or has a mental health problem or substance misuse problems. Many people who are carers do not see themselves as such because, first and foremost, they may be husbands, wives, partners, parents, siblings or friends.

What are the different types of carers?

Adult Carers

If you are an adult who is caring for another adult over the age of 18 then you are an adult carer. Parents caring for young people over the age of 18 are also referred to as adult carers. There are a range of services to support adult carers both in their caring role and also to have a life outside their caring role.

Parent Carers

If you are a parent who is caring for a child with a disability under the age of 18, then you are a parent carer. Parents with children who have additional needs may be able to access services to support them in their caring role.

Young Carers

If you are a child or young person under the age of 18 who provides unpaid support to a parent, brother or sister, or other relative, then you are a young carer.

Contact Carers Direct

Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Helpline Information: Carers Direct Helpline Web Link
Office Hours: Lines are open 8:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday, 11:00am to 4:00pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.


Alternatively, please ask at reception for a copy of our carers pack which has information regarding services that may be useful for you.

Opening Times

  • Monday
    08:00 until 20:00
    18:30-20:00 is for pre-booked appointments only. We are not receiving calls.
  • Tuesday
    08:00 until 18:30
  • Wednesday
    08:00 until 18:30
  • Thursday
    08:00 until 18:30
  • Friday
    08:00 until 18:30
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
NHS A-Z Conditions
Find Local Services
Live Well
Translate »